Thursday, February 11, 2010

Anger Management

Well, this week went by a lot faster. Started my internship on Monday, went back Tuesday and today. It's pretty much the coolest job ever. I just sit and read all day. I don't get paid for it, but I'm okay with that. Right now, I'm totally sucked into this manuscript that Evan gave me about a girl who's been missing for ten years and it's up to this detective that she met one night in a bar to solve her case. Kind of a Lovely Bones thing except without the murder part. It's cool and Evan's awesome and I look forward to picking his brain throughout the course of my time here.

It snowed yesterday. I think we got about 9 inches. That's nothing to me but to the people of New York, it's a blizzard. They canceled my afternoon class. So after a very long nap and a mac n cheese dinner and 15 mins of exercise because the gym closed early, I went over to the store and bought a 6 pack of New Castle. Then Felix, Sarah, Kyle, and I congregated in my room to watch American Idol. Yes, American Idol. It was actually a lot of fun and I'm telling you, I have the best room out of anybody here. Sarah, Kyle, and Felix can testify.

Today was our first publishing class. Daniel is a really cool guy and he's fun, but I know he's going to be tough which is causing me to doubt my writing skills and now is not really a good time to be doing that. God help me to get through this one.

Sarah invited me to go see Dr. Parnassus with her and her boss today, but I had class at 6. It was nice though because she really wanted me to go which means that I've made at least one friend here. She also happens to be one of the girliest girls here, go figure.

Tonight has been weird. I feel angry and I hate that I feel angry.

I'm mad at Daniel because he brushed me off when I really wanted to talk to him after class. I rode home with Lindsay and Rachel and just like the last time, they barely gave me a chance to speak and then when I did, what I had to say didn't matter. Nobody here gives hugs and I seriously need just one good hug. I thrive on physical touch, it's my love language and apparently not a New York thing. Kyle's a hugger but not a very good one and right now, I just need someone to hug me like their life depends on it, just once. I'm also angry because my sleep schedule is screwed up. It's not that I haven't been sleeping well it's just that when "bedtime" comes around, whether I'm tired or not, I don't want to go to sleep. Things are little weird for me right now and I don't know why that is, but I swear, I'm going to make this work. It may not be the best thing that ever happened to me, but it will be worth it. It has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment